The Orbea Oiz cross-country bike is already light-weight, however the weight weenies at Brujula Bike couldn’t resist pushing the carbon XC bike additional to a whole bike weight with pedals and a bottle cage underneath 9kg. Orbea & Brujula admit they put plenty of unique ultralight carbon parts into the ultimate construct, however really feel assured these are all race-ready mods. Actually, a lot of these superlight parts are ones had been used to recognizing on professional bikes racing the UCI XC MTB World Cups, which additionally occur to kick off this weekend…
Orbea x Brujula 8.85kg Oiz XC tremendous bike
Orbea’s Oiz full-suspension XC race mountain bike is already recognized for being mild with its newest 1350g OMX carbon body, and its light-weight short-travel 100mm full bike builds weigh as little as 10kg full with full XTR and carbon DT wheels. However that wasn’t sufficient for Brujulabike. Though they are saying, “it wasn’t sufficient to cut back weight at any worth. It needed to be utterly dependable for racing and with parts obtainable in the marketplace. The result’s this spectacular full suspension MTB underneath 9 kg.”
They know you may construct a sub 8kg XC bike if you’re prepared to sacrifice reliability, consolation, and even stratospheric costs. However Brujula wished their Orbea Oiz XC race bike to be prepared to tear!
Customized weight weenie construct particulars
Proper on Orbea’s claims, this measurement medium Oiz OMX frameset with its carbon rocker hyperlink and inline-mounted Fox Float DPS Manufacturing facility shock weighed 1740g within the lightest clear blue paint over uncooked carbon. Brujula paired that to a 1418g Fox 32 Float Step Solid Manufacturing facility fork, for 100mm of journey entrance & rear.
That’s just about the place inventory equipment ended.
The obvious improve are the 1376g Bike Forward Biturbo RS monocoque 6-spoke carbon wheels, which might be actually mild whereas being stiff, World Cup-proven & nonetheless 27mm vast inner (although we’ve seen a number of ~1kg XC wheels, even earlier from Bike Forward). Topped off with Pirelli’s Scorpion XC RC Lite 2.2″ XC tires with no protections (though I’d want the two.4″ model that’s simply 90g heavier a bit with ProWall sidewall safety).
However most likely simply as a lot weight is shed within the ultralight hand-laid carbon Darimo 93g T1 Loop seatpost with Dyneema rope saddle rail clamp, 62g stem & 108g flat handlebar. High that with a 70g full-carbon Saevid saddle, some Orbea foam grips to maintain the cockpit mild, a 224g pair of Exustar pedals, and Alpitude’s foolish mild Superleggero carbon loop bottle cage.
Brujula even shed some weight off the SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS drivetrain with Hopp Carbon hyperlink plates & a Kogel Kolossos cage for the rear derailleur, plus the ultralight, ultra-machined Ukrainian Garbaruk cassette.
And braking acquired a lightweight improve with new Hope XCR stoppers, Ashima rotors & Kogel ti rotor bolts.
Detailed Brujula weight breakdown of the Orbea Oiz venture bike:
- Body: Orbea Oiz OMX measurement M, 1740g (together with rear shock)
- Rear shock: Fox Float DPS Manufacturing facility i-line 100mm with distant (included above)
- Fork: Fox 32 Float SC Manufacturing facility 100 FIT4 QR15x110 with distant, 1418g
- Wheels: Bike Forward Biturbo RS 27mm inner, 637g entrance & 736g rear
- Tires: Pirelli Scorpion XC RC Lite Workforce Version 29×2.2″, 604g every
- Brakes: Hope XCR, 195g every
- Rotors: Ashima ai2 160mm 6-bolt, 73g every
- Bar: Darimo MTB Handlebar 740mm no rise, 108g
- Headset: Acros Alloy 1.125-1.5″ Built-in
- Stem: Darimo IX2 MTB 80mm -6º, 62g
- Grips: Orbea foam, 44g
- Seatpost: Darimo T1 Loop 31.6, 93g
- Seatpost clamp: Darimo Sub4, 4g
- Saddle: Saevid Alien Quick, 70g
- Backside bracket: Kogel BB92-Dub with ceramic bearings, 56g
- Cranks: SRAM XX1 with 34T chainring, 426g (together with 10g Kogel alloy pre-loader)
- Chain: SRAM Eagle Rainbow, 263g (full-length)
- Derailleur: SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS, 375g (earlier than mods)
- Derailleur linkage plates: Hopp Carbon
- Shifter: SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS, 87g
- Derailleur cage: Kogel Kolossos 14/19T alloy cage with ceramic bearings, 97g
- Cassette: Garbaruk 10-50T, 337g
- Bolts: Kogel Titanium Disc Brake Package, 8g
- Valves: Damoff Aluminum 48mm, 12g pair
- Sealant: Damoff tubeless tire sealant
- Pedals: Exustar MTB EPM215TI, 224g pair
- Bottle cage: Alpitude Superleggero, 10g
Whole weight: 8.85kg / 19.5lb (with pedals)