We’ll be making this traditional margarita recipe all summer time lengthy. With simply 5 elements, it’s so easy to make – get away the tequila & limes ASAP!
This traditional margarita recipe is our favourite cocktail to make at house. We adore it partly as a result of it’s so easy – when you’ve got tequila, orange liquor, and lime juice readily available, you may make it in below 5 minutes! – and partly as a result of it’s so scrumptious. The lime juice offers it a tart, refreshing kick, which the candy orange liquor (and a contact of agave) stability properly. On a heat spring or summer time night, there’s nothing I’d fairly drink.
Should you’re new to creating cocktails, this recipe is a superb place to start out. Combine it up for a contented hour, Cinco de Mayo, or anytime you’re craving a enjoyable drink. You gained’t consider how straightforward it’s to make a margarita at house – no margarita combine required! Move the tortilla chips, and luxuriate in.
Traditional Margarita Recipe Substances
To make this traditional margarita recipe, you want 6 easy elements:
- Tequila – Use any good-quality blanco tequila on this recipe. We like this model, however be at liberty to make use of your favourite!
- Orange Liquor – We like Cointreau. Triple sec or Grand Marnier would work right here too.
- Lime juice – For the perfect outcomes, squeeze recent lime juice proper earlier than you make your cocktails. I like my margarita to be fairly tart, so I take advantage of an equal quantity of lime juice and tequila.
- One thing candy – I sweeten mine with agave syrup or selfmade easy syrup.
- Salt – For the rim of your glass. I take advantage of advantageous sea salt, however kosher salt might work right here too.
- And ice! As a result of an excellent margarita is at all times on the rocks.
Discover the whole recipe with measurements under.
The right way to Make the BEST Margarita
Making an superior margarita at house is simple! Right here’s what that you must do:
- First, salt the rim of a margarita glass. Rub it with a wedge of lime and dip the highest of the glass in a small plate of salt. Huge tip: Your glass must be empty in an effort to do that step, so at all times keep in mind to salt the rim of the glass earlier than you pour your cocktail! After you salt the rim of the glass, fill it with ice.
- Subsequent, shake up your drink! Add the tequila, orange liquor, freshly squeezed lime juice, and agave to a cocktail shaker with ice, and shake to mix. Then, pressure the combination into the glass with the salted rim.
- Lastly, style and modify. With a view to make a cocktail you actually love, you’re going to need to style and modify. Should you want a sweeter drink, stir in additional agave, easy syrup, or perhaps a splash of orange juice. Should you like a stiffer drink, combine in additional tequila and Cointreau. I like mine actually tangy, simply because the recipe is written. Garnish your glass with a lime slice, and luxuriate in!
Oh, and in the event you don’t have a cocktail shaker, don’t fear about it! You’ll be able to simply as simply stir collectively this margarita recipe in a glass.
What to Serve With A Margarita
Tortilla chips, in fact! AND a tasty dip. Listed below are just a few of my favorites:
For extra appetizer concepts, try this put up!
Extra Favourite Cocktail Recipes
Should you love this margarita recipe, strive one in every of these selfmade cocktails subsequent:
This selfmade margarita recipe is zesty, refreshing, and SO easy to make! It is good for Cinco de Mayo, summer time gatherings, or any blissful hour.
- Sea salt, for the glass
- 1 ounce tequila
- 1 ounce orange liquor (Cointreau or Grand Marnier)
- 1 ounce recent lime juice, plus lime slices for garnish
- ½ ounce agave nectar, or easy syrup, extra to style
Salt the rim of a glass by rubbing a lime wedge across the edge and dipping it onto a small plate of salt. Fill the glass with ice.
Place the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, and agave in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and pressure into the glass. Style and stir in additional agave nectar, if desired.
For a spicy margarita, add just a few jalapeño slices to your cocktail shaker.