Our third information within the Formidable Kitchen Chicago Sequence is right here! When you’re simply tuning in, WELCOME. Abra and I are scouring town for the most effective eats and treats round. Up to now we put collectively the finest sandwiches and the finest salads in Chicago — remember to comply with @AmbitiousKitchen on Instagram to see our full guides and movies.
Have any suggestions or varieties of meals we should always discover? Depart a remark on the finish of this put up or on our Chicago Sequence Instagram posts.
Right now is all about cookies. We explored tons of various bakeries and eating places to search out the finest cookies in Chicago as a result of truthfully what’s higher than a freshly baked cookie?! When you occur to dwell in Chicago, or are simply touring right here for a pair days, remember to decide one among these up!
Just a few of those cookies have been our long-time favorites (you’ll acknowledge locations from our earlier guides!) and a few are model new to us. These locations are good for taking out-of-towners or simply heading to get your cookie repair.
- Vegan & Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie from Hexe Espresso Co.: 2000 W. Diversey Pkwy
- Confetti Cookie & Iced Molasses Cookie from Candy Mandy B’s: 1208 W Webster Ave. & 254 E Ontario St.
- Salted Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookie from Beatrix: 519 N Clark St. & 834 W Fulton Market
- Rice Krispie Chocolate Chip Cookie from Summer season Home Santa Monica: 1954 N Halsted St.
- Triple Chocolate Espresso Cookie from Large.Fats.Cookie: 1030 N Hooker St. (plus many retail areas!)
- Tahini Cookie Chocolate Chip Cookie from Sugar Moon Bakery: 3612 W Wrightwood Ave.
Hexe Espresso Co.
You most likely acknowledge Hexe from our roundup of the finest sandwiches in Chicago, as a result of sure, they honestly do it throughout there. They opened again in 2019 and have such wonderful espresso drinks, meals gadgets, cocktails, and naturally, cookies. To not point out they’ve a large patio to get pleasure from as soon as it *lastly* will get hotter right here in Chicago.
- Vegan & Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie: I say this loads with my vegan & gluten free baked items (and it’s true!) however once I say this wonderful cookie does NOT style prefer it’s vegan or gluten free in any respect I actually imply it. It’s one among my ABSOLUTE favourite cookies in Chicago. Additionally, it’s difficult to get a cookie that’s crispy on the surface and chewy within the center whenever you’re baking with gluten free components, however HOT rattling, did Hexe nail this one. The flavors are unimaginable and every chew has a slight crunch of toasty walnuts with little puddles of darkish chocolate in each chew. I LOVE THIS ONE SO SO MUCH.
Candy Mandy B’s:
This lovable little Lincoln Park bakery has been Abra’s favourite since earlier than she moved to town. Her school pal used to get care packages with Candy Mandy B’s cookies and Abra grew to become a ravenous cookie monster each time (her phrases, not mine). Apart from wonderful, big cookies additionally they have scrumptious truffles, cupcakes, bars, pies and extra. You’ll find flavors like cookie monster cupcakes, marshmallow dream brownies, and the most effective oreo cake. You possibly can simply order for pick-up or supply for particular events, they usually’ll customise the truffles!
- Confetti & Iced Molasses Cookies: okay, we couldn’t decide only one cookie right here. Abra’s #1 favourite is the confetti cookie, which is a sugar cookie rolled in sprinkles. It might sound easy, however the taste and delicate, chewy texture is on level. When you like this one you MUST attempt the iced sugar cookie, too — a sugar cookie topped with their well-known buttercream frosting. Indulgent and scrumptious. I additionally personally LOVE the iced molasses cookie, which is a delicate gingerbread-type cookie topped with their white vanilla buttercream. It’s additionally completely delicate, deliciously spiced, and jogs my memory of my gingerbread oatmeal cream pies.
Sure, our beloved Beatrix is again on this record as a result of not solely are their salads, brunch gadgets, and principal dishes wonderful, however their baked items are simply as unimaginable! Each time Abra and I come right here for lunch or brunch we at all times depart with no less than 2 cookies every. Make sure to do the identical everytime you hit up their River North, Fulton Market or Oak Brook areas.
- Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookie: we stopped in for lunch a couple of weeks in the past to get this cookie as a result of it has been our favourite for years. It even impressed my very own cookie recipe throughout cookie week a few years again! After we visited for lunch they had been truly OUT of this cookie, so we tried the salted caramel as a substitute. Sure, the salted caramel was additionally scrumptious, however nothing beats this wonderful butterscotch oatmeal cookie that has unimaginable crispy edges, candy butterscotch, and an epic sprinkle of sea salt on high. SO GOOD. After all, Tony and I got here again a couple of days later as a result of we needed to showcase it on this information.
Summer season Home Santa Monica
We’re again in Lincoln Park (or California, who is aware of) at Summer season Home to cease by the dessert counter on the entrance of the restaurant. I hinted at their baked items in our salad information, and now they’re right here! Summer season Home has every thing from gingersnap and M&M cookies to sprinkle cookies and vegan snickerdoodles — all of which may be served with ice cream if you happen to’d like! In addition they have a well-known brown butter rice krispie deal with, and you recognize my love for brown butter runs deep. Choose up a couple of baked treats to attempt after a stunning lunch of their stunning restaurant!
- Rice Krispie Chocolate Chip Cookie: omgggg, this cookie is just about precisely what it appears like. Take an ideal delicate chocolate chip cookie with hints of brown butter, caramel-like taste and high it with massive chunks of their unimaginable delicate brown butter rice krispie deal with. Rattling. The cookie itself tastes prefer it has brown butter baked proper into it, too, so there’s a biiig scrumptious brown butter explosion in each chew and I’m right here for it. The rice krispie chunks on high are additionally delicate and chewy as a substitute of overly crispy so the entire issues is simply magical. You want this one!
We’ve truly seen these big, ooey-gooey cookies round earlier than however had by no means tried them! Linda Levinson began her cookie baking endeavor in 2015 after 25 years of designing and manufacturing jewellery in Chicago and Rhode Island. Very similar to her jewellery, every Large.Fats.Cookie is handmade, fashioned, weighed, and so forth. in small batches to make sure that every cookie seems to be pretty much as good because it tastes. They’re every individually wrapped and are available in really one-of-a-kind flavors like vanilla bean cookie with oreos, rainbow sprinkles, chocolate chips & rainbow M&M’s. Whoa. To not point out, they are surely enormous (over 6 ounces!) We picked up two completely different ones from Foxtrot Market, and you will discover them at your native Freshii, South Loop Markets, West Loop Markets, Dom’s Market, Epic Kitchens, and extra. They even ship nationwide and make such an excellent reward.
- Triple Chocolate Espresso Cookie: we popped into Foxtrot and picked out the triple chocolate espresso cookie and the peanut butter cookie. Per the directions on the package deal (and on their web site) the cookies are finest when reheated within the oven at 350 levels F for a couple of minutes. The insides get deliciously gooey with chocolate whereas the outsides keep good and crispy. These cookies are the final word indulgence and we liked the enjoyable taste additions. They’re nice for splitting in half (and even 4 items) and are additionally freezer-friendly to get pleasure from at any time when the sugar cravings hit.
Sugar Moon Bakery
I had been eager to attempt Sugar Moon Bakery ever because it opened within the fall of 2021. The bakery began out as a cake-focused store, however the proprietor, Dina Cimarusti, rapidly observed that there was an even bigger demand for different pastries within the Logan Sq. neighborhood. Whereas they’re solely open Friday by Sunday from 8am till 2pm, and you will need to get there early and stand in line as they usually promote out hours earlier than closing time as a result of the pastries are that phenomenal (and made in small batches!) They make every thing from savory galettes with flavors like candy potato, crimson onion, feta, egg & za’atar, to unimaginable truffles, scones, and naturally, cookies. Take a look at all of their choices on Instagram. Dina additionally desires the bakery to be a spot for artists to showcase their work, different bakers to do popups, and to even train children primary baking & cake adorning abilities within the neighborhood. A must-visit spot in Logan Sq.!
- Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookie: this Tahini Queenie needed to check out the well-known tahini chocolate chip cookie right here. It was among the finest chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever tried in my life. 100% price standing in line and I need to let you know that I believe this might simply be my absolute favourite bakery within the metropolis. You MUST go right here ASAP!
Take a look at all of our guides
I hope you like this information in our AK Chicago Sequence! Did we miss any of your favourite Chicago cookies? Tell us within the feedback under.
What Chicago meals collection ought to we do subsequent?!