This fast and straightforward Spinach Quiche plans to hog the limelight at your subsequent household brunch. With creamy feta, tender spinach, leeks, and a lightened-up filling made with Greek yogurt as a substitute of heavy cream, it is a wholesome quiche recipe that welcome second servings.
One among my favourite issues about quiche is its flexibility.
Few meals can movement so effortlessly between a fast early morning breakfast, lazy Sunday brunch, light-yet-satisfying weekday lunch, AND household dinner.
Quiche is among the meals I flip to most.
Regardless of the season, event, or present taste craving, you could find a quiche to match and pull it collectively with out breaking a sweat (for essentially the most specific path to quiche-dom, strive Crustless Quiche).
At the moment, nonetheless, it’s all about this spinach quiche with feta and leeks.
5 Star Assessment
“This recipe is pleasant. My choosy eaters even beloved it.”
— Mary —
Easy methods to Make The Finest Spinach Quiche
This gorgeous spinach feta quiche is a perfect addition to your subsequent social gathering with the ladies, a particular household weekend, or a vacation feast.
It additionally occurs to pair superbly with a mimosa, a mixture I can heartily endorse as examined and accredited!
- Spinach. With iron, vitamin Ok, vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, and calcium, spinach packs this quiche with a plethora of vitamins and pairs completely with the candy leeks and tangy feta. (For an additional serving of greens, serve the quiche with small glasses of Blueberry Spinach Smoothie.)
- Leeks. A gentle, candy onion, leeks lend themselves to a wide range of dishes. On this wholesome spinach quiche, sautéed leeks soften superbly right into a fluffy egg filling, the place their mild taste shines.
- Feta. Lends the filling simply the correct quantity of wealthy and creamy cheese goodness. (I additionally love feta on this Straightforward Kale Feta Egg Toast recipe.)
- Eggs. A mixture of complete eggs and egg whites makes this one of many lightest, loveliest quiches I’ve ever tasted. (This Potato Frittata additionally is really delish.)
- Greek Yogurt. My swap that turns this usually decadent brunch recipe right into a wholesome spinach quiche with out heavy cream. The Greek yogurt cuts fats and energy whereas holding the custard filling wealthy and moist.
- Milk. To maintain issues on the lean facet I reached for nonfat milk.
- Blind bake the crust till frivolously golden, take away and let cool.
- In the meantime, sauté the leeks till tender after which add spinach and prepare dinner till wilted.
- Whisk collectively the eggs, milk, Greek yogurt, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon the spinach and leek combination into the underside of the crust and high with feta.
- Pour the egg combination into the crust. Bake spinach quiche at 350 levels F for 45 to 55 minutes, till the eggs are set and barely puffed. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Refrigerate leftover quiche in an hermetic container for as much as 3 days.
- To Reheat. Rewarm quiche in a pie dish within the oven at 350 levels F or within the microwave till heated by means of.
- To Freeze. Freeze leftovers in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container for as much as 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Meal Prep Tip
- To prep forward, saute the spinach and leeks as much as 1 day upfront and retailer within the fridge in a single day.
- Prebake the crust as much as 3 days upfront, and retailer it within the fridge till able to fill and bake.
- You can even put together your entire quiche forward of time. Bake as directed and retailer it, lined, within the fridge as much as 1 day upfront, or freeze it for as much as 3 months. If frozen, let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Really useful Instruments to Make this Recipe
- On a regular basis Skillet. For sautéing the leeks and spinach earlier than filling the quiche crust.
- 9-inch Pie Dish. I really like this pie plate for savory quiche recipes and candy pie recipes, like my Grammy’s Lemon Cream Pie.
- Mini Whisk. This little whisk isn’t solely cute as a button, but it surely’s purposeful too. I by no means knew I wanted a tiny whisk in my life till I bought one.
The Finest Pie Dish
Le Creuset makes a top-quality ceramic pie dish. Appropriate for the freezer or oven, its dense stoneware prevents cracking.
Regardless of your temper, there’s a quiche for that!
Often Requested Questions
Just a few issues may cause a quiche to be watery. With a spinach quiche, not sautéing the spinach correctly earlier than including it to the quiche may cause extra water to be launched from the leaves whereas baking. Overcooking the eggs may make a quiche watery. Eggs include proteins that coagulate within the over to make the quiche set. Nonetheless, when overcooked the proteins will start to drive water out of the eggs and make the quiche watery.
Parbaking (or blind-baking) the pie crust BEFORE including the filling is vital to stopping your quiche from creating a dreaded soggy backside.
Getting the ratio of the filling excellent is vital to an important quiche. This implies utilizing the correct ratio of eggs to take advantage of to get that good mild, custardy texture AND utilizing simply the correct quantity of mix-ins that really feel substantial however don’t overpower the eggs. Blind-baking the crust to keep away from a soggy backside can be crucial to baking a great quiche.
- 1 Complete Wheat Pie Crust or your favourite pie crust dough
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup leeks white and light-weight inexperienced elements solely (about 1 small leek)
- 3 cups recent child spinach
- 4 giant eggs
- 2 giant egg whites
- 3/4 cup non-fat milk
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup reduced-fat feta cheese crumbled (4 ounces)
Parbake the crust: Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Take away the dough from the fridge and place it on a well-floured floor. Working from the middle, roll the dough right into a 12-inch circle, then switch it to an ungreased 9″ pie dish. With a fork, pierce rows of holes within the backside and sides of the dough, about 1 inch aside. Bake till the crust is frivolously golden, 10 to fifteen minutes. Put aside to chill.
Put together the filling: Warmth the olive oil in a big skillet over medium-high warmth. Add the leeks and sauté for five minutes, till tender. Add the spinach and sauté for two minutes. Take away from warmth and put aside.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, egg whites, milk, Greek yogurt, salt, and pepper. Put aside.
Spoon the spinach and leek combination into the underside of the crust, then sprinkle the feta excessive.
Gently pour within the egg combination.
Bake the quiche for 45 to 55 minutes, till eggs are set within the heart and puffed barely and the crust is golden brown. Let the quiche cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Slice and serve heat or at room temperature.
- TO MAKE AHEAD: Sauté the spinach and leeks as much as 1 day upfront and retailer within the fridge in a single day. Prebake the crust as much as 3 days upfront, and retailer it within the fridge. You can even put together your entire quiche forward of time. Bake as directed and retailer it, lined, within the fridge as much as 1 day upfront, or freeze it for as much as 3 months. If frozen, let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate leftover quiche in an hermetic storage container for as much as 3 days.
- TO REHEAT: Rewarm quiche in a pie dish within the oven at 350 levels F or within the microwave till heated by means of.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze leftovers in an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container for as much as. 3 months. Let thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
Serving: 1slice (of 6)Energy: 341kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 21gFats: 19gSaturated Fats: 7gPolyunsaturated Fats: 2gMonounsaturated Fats: 6gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 146mgPotassium: 842mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 11583IUVitamin C: 35mgCalcium: 201mgIron: 5mg
Be a part of at the moment and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.