Thursday, May 19, 2022
HomeWeight WatchersRuns for Cookies: Transformation Tuesday #69

Runs for Cookies: Transformation Tuesday #69

Sadly, I did not have any readers’ transformations in my inbox for immediately. So, I figured I might stroll round the home and discover a couple of fast issues I might rework (organizing or cleansing or one thing). I assumed this was going to be the shortest Transformation Tuesday I’ve ever achieved, contemplating it was simply mine and solely one thing fast and straightforward.

Nevertheless, it ended up being the longest one ever (not the submit itself, however the content material for this submit). I picked one thing to remodel, and now, six hours later, I am simply beginning to write the submit for it. Haha!

Since I labored so exhausting cleansing the pantry to do away with the pantry moths, I figured I would sort out my spices immediately. My spices had been all in sealed jars and nothing was contaminated, fortunately. (If you do not know what I am speaking about, try this submit first.) Nevertheless, I had a bunch of spice jars on the cabinets above my range and I knew I would like to scrub the jars and do away with these previous spices. Jerry and I’ve mentioned to one another at the very least a dozen occasions that we “want to do this”; and it grew to become a type of issues that we delay.

Being above the range, the jars gathered a layer of grime (oil from cooking) and I actually did not like to make use of them. I’ve to face on a stool to have the ability to attain up there, so I simply began utilizing spices from the pantry. Those above the range sat there getting bleached by the solar for a very long time. (They misplaced shade as a result of they had been in clear jars within the daylight.)

I made a decision to take all of the jars down and dump the spices, then wash the jars, refill them with spices from the cabinet and manage the spice shelf within the pantry. Cleansing the jars and cabinets really did not take very long–maybe an hour. However then I began refilling them and it was a giant undertaking.

Right here is the earlier than and after of the spice shelf in my pantry:

Since mine is the one transformation on this submit, I am going to share some progress photographs, too. Listed below are the cabinets above the range… sure, they give the impression of being gross! Even grosser once I stood on a stool to take the image. Yikes.

I pulled the entire spices out after which cleaned the cabinets to get the grease and dirt off. That half was simple.

Subsequent got here the spice jars. I dumped out all of the spices (I had extras within the pantry, which is what I have been utilizing for some time now anyway). Then I put every jar and lid right into a container with scorching water and dish cleaning soap. I washed each and the grime got here off so simply! I’m all the time greatly surprised with how effectively dish cleaning soap cuts by means of grease.

I wished to ensure they had been tremendous dry, so I acquired out the hair dryer and that labored completely to dry the insides rather well. Then I moved all of my spices from the pantry to the island within the kitchen to be able to refill the jars. I reduce out ovals from sticker paper, wrote the names of the spices on them, and put the labels on the jars as I crammed them.

Naturally, I had a helper 😉

The leftover spices (a number of the containers had been very huge, so I might solely put a small quantity within the jar) went in an hermetic container and I am going to simply refill the jars as wanted.

I wasn’t positive the right way to put them again on the shelf; I haven’t got a spice rack, however I wished to have the ability to see the labels to maintain it organized. I might make a spice rack (and I’ll) however I did not have time to do this for this submit, clearly. I walked round the home searching for something I might use. Then it hit me to simply use some scrap wooden for now.

I grabbed some small oak boards and laid them throughout the shelf like this:

Then I used to be capable of put spices on prime of that and likewise put spices in entrance; that means, I might see all of the labels.

This ended up being MUCH extra work than I anticipated. I hadn’t deliberate to scrub out the entire spices–I simply wished to scrub the jars above the stove–but I am glad I did this. It is one thing I have been desirous to do for a very long time! 

Okay, please ship me some transformations. Or do not, and possibly I am going to sort out one other huge undertaking subsequent Tuesday, haha. To submit a change, simply ship a earlier than image and an after image to me at: katie (at) runsforcookies (dot) com. Please embody your title and an outline of your transformation!



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -
Google search engine

Most Popular

Recent Comments