Right here’s an inventory of my Beautycounter make-up favorites and my on a regular basis five-minute make-up routine!
Whereas I typically write about Beautycounter skincare, the make-up is simply as luxurious!
I’m not a make-up diva, and that’s precisely why it is best to learn this publish. As a result of anyone can put on these shades and look pure and put collectively in 5 minutes with no need contouring abilities or feeling such as you’re going to depart goop behind once you hug and kiss your children.
Sustainable, Protected, and Inclusive
I used to make use of no matter make-up I received as a free pattern or discovered at Goal. I can vouch that Beautycounter’s make-up is a step above: sustainable, protected, and inclusive.
There’s a large give attention to sustainability with refillable blush compacts and glass basis packaging that may be recycled.
Components are at all times chosen to be protected and with a humane provide chain path (see under about mica and vanilla), and shades are created to be inclusive to all pores and skin as effectively.
The Pores and skin Twin Basis now has 27 shades from truthful to deep and the concealer shade vary was simply expanded to twenty.
Listed below are my make-up favorites!
Get 30% off your first order with the code CLEANFORALL30!
My On a regular basis Beautycounter Make-up
Right here’s what I placed on on a regular basis after I’m working from residence or working errands with the youngsters.
- Dew Pores and skin Tinted Moisturizer in shade Gentle. I put this on on a regular basis after I get off the bed. It’s a bit of moisture, a bit of sheer protection, and a bit of SPF multi function. I LOVE the scent of Dew Pores and skin! (Right here’s my assessment of the Beautycounter foundations.)
- Creamy Concealer in shade Gentle 1. Designed to vanish and made with okaynotgrass extract, a naturally derived ingredient recognized for lowering the looks of positive traces and revealing smoother, firmer pores and skin.
- Cream Blush. I really like the dewy look of cream blush, and this one is simple to color on and mix in with my fingertips. Cream blush changed the Satin Powder Blush whereas the powders get a talc-free makeover. You need to use it in your lips too!
- Suppose Huge Mascara – That is Beautycounter’s new mascara and I’m in love! The comb is unbelievable and grabs each lash. It’s jet black and offers that daring lash look with out clumping. Learn my assessment right here.
- Sheer Lipstick – I really like the shade Lily! These go on like chapstick and have a touch of vanilla essence. I’m not a lipstick individual as a result of I discover I simply smudge it throughout issues (like my children cheeks!), so that is the right sheer look + really feel.
And listed here are the merchandise I add on after I’m going all out!
Once I’m going to an occasion, should be digital camera or Zoom prepared, or am assembly up with associates, I’ll add these in for further layers and endurance.
- Priming Serum – This gel-serum multitasker has 4,000 encapsulated jojoba ester bubbles that create the right hydrated end for make-up software.
- Pores and skin Twin Featherweight Basis – I put on shade 310. I used to be not beforehand a basis lady, however this basis has hyaluronic acid and melts into pores and skin. It has a bit extra protection than the Dew Pores and skin, and it goes on very easily for a constant pores and skin tone.
- Forehead Gel in shade Gentle- It has taken me some time to get into brows. But when all the professionals say they’re essential, then they should be! I attempted a pencil, which I like, however the Gel is the place it’s at. It’s like a bit of mascara wand in your brows, and I DO assume I look extra ‘put collectively’ after I put on it.
- Cream Shadows – These are really easy to make use of! Like making use of lipgloss to your lids. I really like Luster for on a regular basis with Haze blended collectively for a smokey eye look.
- Colour Intense Lipstick + Past Gloss – My favourite shade of the Colour Intense is Backstage! I even have Backyard Celebration (scorching pink!) for celebration nights, Brunch (impartial pink) for day time occasions, and 9 To five (the boldest) for formal occasions. I like these all with gloss on prime!
- Mattifying Powder – That is one thing I usually would have thought was type of pointless, however I truly prefer it a lot! I noticed just a few different folks utilizing it and determined to order it with some product credit I earned, and I’m so glad I did! It’s nice for summertime and has so many makes use of: drying a sweaty face, absorbing oil, setting make-up. I take advantage of it initially and finish of my make-up to prime + set.
Why is Beautycounter make-up safer?
Within the phrases of Gregg Renfrew, “The complete magnificence trade has been constructed on secrets and techniques and we’re attempting to un-do that.”
Beautycounter is a B Company (placing folks and planet earlier than revenue) and has the very best requirements for ingredient security round.
Most of the merchandise are verified by the Environmental Working Group, and there’s a large give attention to sustainable packaging and provide chain transparency for each human rights and security considerations.
Mica and Vanilla
Mica and vanilla are components that’s extensively used within the magnificence trade (and plenty of different industries for that matter). Sadly most mica on the planet is a product of kid labor. It’s so, so unhappy. The vanilla trade is understood for human rights points like baby labor, wage theft, and unsafe working circumstances.
Beautycounter determined to do one thing about it. Take a minute to look at this brief documentary about how Beautycounter is taking a stand for your complete mica trade. And browse extra about vanilla sourcing right here.
While you store with Beautycounter, know that the entire mica and vanilla used are licensed baby labor free.
Many lipsticks in the marketplace in the present day include components you undoubtedly need to keep away from together with heavy metals, akin to lead, nickel, and chromium.
“Lipstick is very alarming since you may ingest it and there’s no protected stage of publicity to metals like lead. Plus, it’s one thing it’s possible you’ll apply a number of occasions per day over many a long time, so the metals can construct up in your physique.”
-Margie Kelly of the Breast Most cancers Fund and Marketing campaign for Protected Cosmetics
Everyone knows lead is one thing to be averted, proper? It’s not in paint, in gasoline, in pencils – and but it may be present in make-up. In 2012, the FDA discovered that 400 shades of widespread lipstick contained lead. This neurotoxin can result in destructive well being outcomes for adults and kids alike, however youngsters with creating brains are extra vulnerable to lead-induced hurt.
Beautycounter checks the components utilized in its shade cosmetics and completed beauty merchandise obsessively—a number of occasions—earlier than they go to market. Be taught extra right here.
Beautycounter Flawless in 5
Once I’m preparing within the morning I solely have about 5 minutes to do my make-up earlier than I’m due right down to make breakfast and get the youngsters out the door on time. The Flawless in 5 make-up set is good for making use of the fundamentals in 5 minutes or much less.
Flawless in 5 is one of the simplest ways to overtake your make-up bag with cleaner choices. The make-up set comes with six safer merchandise, and you may decide your individual shades and kinds.
Flawless In 5 Selections
- Pores and skin Twin Featherweight Basis or Dew Pores and skin Tinted Moisturizer
- Creamy concealer
- Good Forehead Gel
- Suppose Huge All-In-One Mascara
- Cheeky Clear Cream Blush
- Past Gloss
Is The Beautycounter Flawless In 5 Price It?
YES since you’ll save 22% in comparison with shopping for every part individually. In case you’re seeking to get the most effective bang in your buck, that is the way in which to buy Beautycounter make-up. The Flawless in 5 set is $211 with a worth of $271 in case you purchased every part a la carte.
In case you’d like several assist sorting by way of the merchandise, be at liberty to drop your e mail on this little kind and I’ll personally e mail you again!
Different Magnificence Posts:
Extra posts from Kath: