Discover ways to make hibiscus tea with this simple 2-ingredient recipe! This flavorful drink is scrumptious sizzling or iced, and it has wonderful well being advantages.
I make this hibiscus tea recipe at the very least as soon as per week. Within the winter, I get pleasure from it sizzling, the ruby pink drink reviving me when the climate is chilly and grey. In the summertime, I crave it iced. On a heat day, its daring, tart taste is very refreshing.
I’m sharing my go-to technique for find out how to make hibiscus tea under. For those who’ve by no means tried it, I hope you’ll give it a go! It’s scrumptious and SO easy to make. This hibiscus tea recipe calls for two substances and requires underneath 5 minutes of hands-on prep. Plus, it has some wonderful well being advantages. Learn extra about them under.
Used by itself, the time period hibiscus refers to a genus of temperate and tropical crops. On this submit, I’m speaking a few particular sort of hibiscus, hibiscus sabdariffa, additionally known as roselle. Native to Central and West Africa, roselle is now cultivated and consumed all over the world. Although hibiscus leaves are edible, the calyx and flowers of the hibiscus plant are extra broadly used for making teas, jams, and syrups. For instance, within the Caribbean, dried roselle flowers are used to make Jamaican sorrel drink, a sweetened hibiscus beverage spiked with ginger, cloves, and allspice. In Mexico, these similar dried hibiscus flowers create agua de Jamaica, a hibiscus agua fresca.
Amongst hibiscus drinks, this hibiscus tea recipe is about so simple as it will get. You solely want two substances: dried hibiscus flowers and water. As a result of there are not any different mix-ins right here, it’s an effective way to get accustomed to the flavour of hibiscus. It’s fruity and tart, not not like cranberry juice. I feel you’re going to like it!
Hibiscus Tea Advantages
Hibiscus tea is a caffeine-free natural tea. As detailed by this Cleveland Clinic article, it’s thought to have plenty of well being advantages:
- It’s filled with antioxidants like vitamin C and beta-carotene, which battle dangerous free radicals within the physique.
- It reduces irritation.
- Research have proven that consuming hibiscus tea might even decrease blood strain and scale back ldl cholesterol.
Try this text to be taught extra in regards to the unintended effects and well being advantages of hibiscus tea!
How one can Make Hibiscus Tea
This hibiscus tea recipe is SO easy to make! Right here’s the way it goes:
- Place 1/4 cup dried hibiscus flowers in a quart-size Mason jar or pitcher.
- Pour in 4 cups of filtered water and stir.
- Chill within the fridge till the tea is vivid pink, at the very least 20 minutes. Let it chill in a single day for a deeper colour and taste.
- Pressure the combination right into a pitcher to take away the hibiscus petals.
Serve this tea in glasses full of ice. For those who like, stir in a sweetener resembling honey, agave, or maple syrup to style. Garnish with contemporary mint leaves and raspberries, and revel in!
- Make it fizzy. Prime off a glass of robust iced tea with glowing water. Add a squeeze of lime juice for a citrusy kick.
- Spice it up. Earlier than you stick the tea within the fridge to relax, add a cinnamon keep on with the pitcher or jar. I really like its warming taste with the fruity and floral notes on this drink!
- Make sizzling tea. Pour 1 cup of boiling water over 1 tablespoon dried hibiscus flowers in a mesh tea infuser. Let steep for five minutes. Take away the hibiscus and benefit from the tea with honey and lemon juice.
Extra Refreshing Drink Recipes
For those who beloved studying find out how to make hibiscus tea, attempt considered one of these refreshing drinks subsequent:
Discover ways to make hibiscus tea! Completely caffeine-free, this vibrant drink is tart and refreshing. If you cannot discover dried hibiscus flowers at your grocery retailer, they’re available on-line.
- ¼ cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 4 cups chilly filtered water
- Ice, for serving
- Sweetener of selection, resembling sugar, maple syrup, honey, or agave, elective
- 1 small bunch contemporary mint, for garnish
- ¼ cup raspberries, for garnish
Place the hibiscus flowers in a (1-quart) jar or medium pitcher. Add the water, stir to mix, and chill till vivid pink, at the very least 20 minutes. For a deeper colour and taste, chill in a single day.
Pour the tea by way of a superb mesh strainer set over a bowl or pitcher to take away the hibiscus flowers. Pour into glasses full of ice and sweeten to style, if desired.
Garnish with contemporary mint and raspberries.