Be a part of one thing thrilling by working collectively. Assist HHS clear up real-world issues!
HHS’ HealthData.gov fuels new enterprise fashions, scientific developments, and collaborative innovation by making authorities information open to the general public, simply discoverable, and machine readable. This month, the HealthData.gov crew curated datasets and assets associated to a serious precedence—well being fairness—and requested:
How can we remodel uncooked information into actionable insights and digital instruments to bridge disparities of well being, together with these exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic, and to make sure equitable entry and wellness for all?
This query underlies the Well being Fairness DataJam, run by AcademyHealth, which is collaborating with HHS to construct health-equity momentum previous to the 2022 Well being Datapalooza and Nationwide Well being Coverage Convention on April 4–5, 2022. Merely, a DataJam is a technical convening the place individuals collaboratively clear up an issue with information, which regularly leads to helpful merchandise, equivalent to visualizations, reusable functions, and solutions. This Well being Fairness DataJam is a call-to-action for various drawback solvers from all walks of life. AcademyHealth launched the Well being Fairness DataJam on March 11, 2022, and is accepting proposed options and concepts by way of March 28, 2022. They’ll announce winners at this yr’s Well being Datapalooza.
To encourage civic tech and public engagement, the HealthData.gov crew organized info by well being fairness matters. We encourage everybody to browse these matters and uncover issue-specific concepts, curated datasets, and assets to get began. Add your information abilities, innovation, and experience to assist sort out the nation’s greatest challenges, together with however not restricted to:
- COVID-19 and Fairness: How can we remodel uncooked information into actionable COVID-19 insights, digital instruments, or different improvements to enhance outcomes and ameliorate disparities worsened by the pandemic?
- Lyme Innovation and Well being Fairness: How can we deal with Lyme illness, and enhance well being fairness for all tick-borne ailments, utilizing rising applied sciences that couple the facility of the gang and affected person insights with information?
- Kidney Care and Well being Fairness: How can we remodel uncooked information into actionable insights and digital instruments to bridge disparities of well being associated to kidney care, together with prevention and points exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic, and to make sure equitable entry and wellness for all?
- Entry to Care: How can we harness the facility of information and digital innovation to decrease obstacles, facilitate entry to care, and enhance authorities companies?
- Different Well being Fairness: No matter most pursuits you!
The Well being Fairness DataJam is open to entrepreneurs, researchers, technologists, and anybody who desires to make a distinction utilizing open information to assist clear up nationwide well being fairness points. All concepts are welcome!
Information sharing and collaboration are occurring at a sooner tempo than ever earlier than. This acceleration supplies an elevated alternative to fast-track equitable options and bridge disparities of well being.
Submit your DataJam options to AcademyHealth by March 28, 2022. We encourage you to make use of authorities information and the newly curated HealthData.gov assets on well being fairness to construct the subsequent technology of health-tech options with, by, and for the individuals. Open information for good—be part of us!
For extra info, you may go to Healthdata.gov.